- New parent theme and new child theme. I’m starting over, abandoning the HTML5 Reset Theme in favor of something a lot more modern. I’m now using the Genesis Framework as my parent theme and eleven40 Pro as my child theme.
- Rewrote the code that adds the outgoing link to the post title for all “Link” format posts to make it Genesis Framework friendly.
- Added Font Awesome so I could stop using an image in front of post titles that direct to outbound links. Now I’m using this instead.
- Removed proprietary share buttons in favor of those available through the Jetpack plugin.
- Created a MailChimp account specific to How Do It Know?! to enable RSS-to-email subscriptions.
- Installed the Gravity Forms MailChimp Add-On to allow visitors to subscribe to my content via email through the contact form.
- Installed OptinMonster to create numerous avenues for encouraging visitors to subscribe to my content via email. Currently I am using four add-ons: Sidebar Add-on, Mobile Add-on, Exit Intent Add-on, and Effects Add-on.
- Installed Simple Social Icons to display links to my social media profiles in the sidebar.
- Removed App.net embedded posts from all blog posts. Also removed links to my App.net profile from the sidebar.
- Lots of little changes to the stylesheet.
HowDoItKnow.net runs on the Genesis Framework
Genesis empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go. It's that simple - start using Genesis now!